Daniel Beltrá - Environmental Photography at its Best.

Daniel Beltrá




Artist Statement


I find inspiration in the beauty and complexity of nature. The fragility of our ecosystems is a continuous thread throughout my work. My photographs show the vast scale of transformation our world is under from human-made stresses.

To capture this, I often work from the air, which more easily allows for the juxtaposition of nature with the destruction wrought by unsustainable development. The unique perspective of aerial photography helps emphasize that the Earth and its resources are finite.

By bringing images from remote locations where human and business interests and nature are at odds, I hope to instill a deeper appreciation for nature and an understanding of the precarious balance our lifestyle has placed on the planet.