“An Unlikely Weapon: The Eddie Adams Story”






A Dark Glimpse From Eddie Adams’s Camera

Included is this photograph I took of Eddie Adams (left) and David Burnett at Madison Square Garden in 1980.

I photographed the 1980 Democratic Convention in NYC and I had an opportunity to sit and chat with Eddie Adams. He is iconic in the world of photojournalism.

I bought “An Unlikely Weapon" on DVD a few months ago. It is definitely worth seeing. I cannot be a critic since I thought Adams was the greatest.

The photo of police chief General Nguyễn Ngọc Loan executing a Vietcong prisoner is one photograph credited for opening American's eyes to the horror of the Vietnam War. The other photo pictured here is of Adams and Fidel Castro after a duck hunt together. Classic.

HERE is a link to the “An Unlikely Weapon: The Eddie Adams Story” web site.

Comments